LLLP Vacancy – Communication Assistant
The Lifelong Learning Platform is looking for a Communication Assistant!
The Lifelong Learning Platform (LLLP) is an umbrella organisation that gathers over 40 European organisations and networks active in the field of education, training and youth, based all over Europe and beyond. LLLP aims to voice citizens’ concerns about education and training and promotes a holistic vision of lifelong learning. If you are interested in such an aim, you are welcome to express your interest in this new opening.
LLLP is now looking for a Communication Assistant. The successful candidate will be a creative team player, and a flexible individual able to work within a multicultural environment and stick to tight deadlines.
Job description and tasks
- Draft content for external communication channels, including social media and newsletters
- Look after LLLP’s website (structure, content and smooth functioning)
- Assist with the organisational and logistical aspects of selected events
- Support the production of communication materials (leaflets, publications, reports, etc.)
- Work with colleagues (policy, projects, etc) in multi-disciplinary activities
- Liaise with member organisations and governing bodies, providing insightful information and solutions where necessary
- Other related tasks as needed
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field or relevant work experience/volunteering
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written)
- Strong writing and creative skills, with the ability to adapt own language to different target audiences
- Very good computer skills and digital literacy, and a knack for visual communication
- Strong organisational skills, planning and flexibility
- Previous experience in an office environment, especially working for non-governmental organisations
- Good command of Adobe Creative Suite
- Good command of communication tools, such as WordPress, Mailchimp, and Social Media tools
- Basic command of video editing software
- Understanding of the functioning of European institutions and related target audiences
- Knowledge of additional languages
Terms and conditions
- Position: Communication Assistant
- Reports to: Deputy Director
- Capacity: Full-time – 38 hours/week
- Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
- Location: Rue de l’industrie 10, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Home-working arrangements are possible for a maximum of 2 days/week.
- Contract type: Contrat d’Immersion Professionnelle (CIP), subject to approval by public authority.
- Remuneration: Depending on previous experience, starting from 750€ per month.
- Benefits: Monthly local transport costs in Brussels are covered with the possibility of an allowance replacing meal vouchers, in addition to CIP contribution.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject LLLP Application for Communication Assistant 2022. The application should consist of:
- A curriculum vitae
- A one-page motivation letter
- A portfolio of recent graphic and visual works (optional)
Additional documents will be disregarded. Failure to comply with these requirements will negatively impact the application. A provisional timeline for filling this position:
- Deadline for applications: 8 September 2022, midnight CEST
- Interview dates: 11-13 September 2022
- Aim start date: 20 September 2022
Read carefully : Important information for all candidates
LLLP does not sponsor work permits. The candidate must be eligible to work in Belgium. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are accepting applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
For more information, please get in touch with LLLP at email@example.com.