The Swedish Center for Digital Innovation (SCDI) invites applications for nine (9) two-year post-doctoral positions, as part of the Wallenberg Digital Innovation Program. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2021, and the ideal starting date is September 1, 2021.
SCDI (www.scdi.se) focuses on research in digital innovation, digital transformation and digital entrepreneurship. We offer a unique context for close collaboration between researchers and practitioners to help address challenges in practice and advance new theory. A large share of SCDI’s research builds on close interaction with industry and the public sector, often utilizing data from our partner organizations.
SCDI has three nodes at: University of Gothenburg, Umeå University and Stockholm School of Economics. We seek 3 postdocs to be located at each node, for a total of 9 positions; postdocs are expected to explore collaboration opportunities across nodes.
Candidates must, at the time of assuming the position, hold a Ph.D. in Information Systems or a closely related discipline (including other disciplines within business administration). Ideal candidates should exhibit excellent potential for publishing in top-tier international journals, as evidenced by a strong research and publication pipeline, presence in the international research community, and/or publications in leading journals (if available).
We are particularly interested in recruiting postdocs within research areas represented across several SCDI nodes. The following broad research themes are in particular focus:
- Digital transformation: Digital transformation processes and practices in incumbent firms, disruptive transformation of ecosystems and industries, platform-based ecosystems, etc.
- Digital government: digitalization of the public sector, open government, transformation of public services, digital healthcare, etc.
- Business consequences of AI and advanced analytics: implications of AI for strategy, decision-making and organizing, algorithmic work, etc.
We will be holding a limited number of informal Zoom meetings during March. You are most welcome to notify us of your interest in an informal meeting to talk about the positions by emailing Dr. Taline Jadaan (firstname.lastname@example.org), including your CV, publication list, and a job-market paper, with the subject heading “SCDI Wallenberg Postdoc Positions”, by February 22, 2021. Please state which node(s) you are interested in.
Read more about us at www.scdi.se and at:
- U. Gothenburg, Dept. of Applied IT, Division of Informatics: https://www.gu.se/en/applied-information-technology/division-of-informatics
- Umeå U., Dept. of Informatics: https://www.umu.se/en/department-of-informatics/
- Stockholm School of Economics, House of Innovation: https://www.hhs.se/en/research/research-houses/house-of-innovation/