Libraries are not a just a place where people go to read and borrow books. They offer a multitude of services – access to digital technologies, computers, and the Internet, digitalised collections and content, virtual reality, coding courses or simply getting help with setting up an email and using e-services. With services evolving and expanding, the profession of the librarian is also changing.
The Boosting digital skills and competences of libraries in Europe (BIBLIO) MOOC was developed to take on this challenge and offer a high-quality educational course that enables the participants to gain new skills and develop new innovative services.
About biblio MOOC
- Classes start: 04th October 2021
- Course duration: 10 weeks
- Estimated effort: 8-10 hours per week
- Level: Introductory (no prior expertise is necessary)
- Language: English
- Price: Free
The BIBLIO MOOC offers
- state-of-the-art curricula developed by experts under high quality standards
- 26 modules covering transferrable and digital skills for library professionals
- a flexible weekly workload of 8-10 hours per week that you can complete at your own pace
- personalised support
- opportunity to connect and network with peers from all over the world
- certification in accordance with the European and national qualification frameworks
- opportunity to join a specialised training programme and certify as Community engagement and communication officer or Digital transformation facilitator.
What you’ll learn
- How to collaborate, share and interact through digital technologies
- How to access and evaluate online information, including disinformation
- How to solve technical problems and protect devises, yourself, and the environment
- How to manage resources, time, and projects
- How to turn your ideas into actions
- …and many more!
The MOOC was developed in the framework of Erasmus+ Sector Skills Alliance KA2 project titled BIBLIO – Boosting digital skills and competences of libraries in Europe.