The virtual Civil Society Days 2021 will take place at a crucial time for Europe and its citizens, namely amid the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and towards the recovery from this unprecedented crisis.
This key civil society event will bring together European citizens, civil society organisations at all levels, and the EU institutions to debate A Sustainable Recovery for the Future of Europe’s citizens.
While delivering on the high expectations of its citizens, Europe must ensure that the green and digital transitions are built on the values of solidarity and human rights, social justice, equality, and on education, culture, migration, democracy, participation and entrepreneurship.
Against this backdrop, eight interactive workshops will tackle key topics, such as:
- Multilevel sustainable democracy in Europe
- Social Economy and youth entrepreneurship for a sustainable recovery
- The role of education and culture in the sustainable recovery for Europe
- The future of work in the wellbeing economy
- Youth activism, systemic change and recovery in Europe
- A social Green Deal for a sustainable recovery
- The role of civil society in the renovation wave
- The role and economic value of volunteers on the road to recovery and beyond
These topics broadly match the key priorities outlined by the EU institutions for the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE). Thus, the EESC and its Liaison Group, as the voice of organised civil society at European and national level, will take this opportunity to deliver a timely contribution to the CoFoE.
LLLP will be organising a workshop on March 2nd together with EVBB and Culture Action Europe! Save the date!
For more information on the programme, speakers and workshops, please check the regularly updated webpage of the event.