The Lifelong Learning Platform promotes a Europe-wide cooperation among civil society organisations in order to voice citizens’ concerns on lifelong learning issues, and to propose concrete solutions, based on the expertise, competencies and experience of its networks, for lifelong learning to become a reality for all. By bringing together actors from all sectors and levels of education and training, the Platform contributes to an increased flexibility between systems.
Vision & Values
The Platform has a holistic vision of lifelong learning, from cradle to grave.
The Platform believes education should not be limited to formal education but integrates non-formal and informal learning. It is essential to raise awareness on the fact that lifelong learning should include a large range of learning settings and create more complementarity and continuity between formal, non-formal and informal learning.
The Platform believes education is the key to foster equity, social cohesion and active citizenship. It believes that the objectives of education and training should not only be described in terms of employability or economic growth but also as a framework for personal development.
- Pursue an active dialogue with European institutions;
- Enable exchanges of best practice, experiences and expertise;
- Disseminate information on key issues in the lifelong learning sector;
- Organise events and develop activities in transversal lifelong learning topics;
- Promote a more democratic, civic and social Europe.