The European Association of Regional and Local Authorities for Lifelong Learning (Earlall) was established in 2001 under the initiative of regional and local authorities throughout Europe willing to build a solid cooperation in the field of lifelong learning.
The objective of EARLALL is to increase and highlight the role of regions/local governments in planning and implementing LLL strategies, by influencing EU policies and cooperating and pursuing an active dialogue with EU institutions; by facilitating collaboration and co-operation among its members in order to promote the exchange of information, experiences, expertise and sharing of good practice; and by facilitating joint work through EU funded projects and joint actions.
The network currently gathers about 30 regions and organisms acting in the area of LLL and actively involved in the life of the organisation through their participation in political meetings, technical groups, thematic seminars and other events to take forward joint projects.
- Mutual cooperation and sharing of good practice
- Strategic alliances
- Lifelong guidance
- Ageing population
- Youth policies
- Migration and integration
- Employability and entrepreneurship
- Adult education
- Quality and innovation in VET
- BRIDGE – Building up Regional Initiatives to Develop GuidancE for low-skilled adults
- OSA – One Step Ahead
- PRECOLL – Policies for Regional Cooperation in Lifelong Learning
- SMOC – Soft Open Method of Coordination