2017: Education in a Digital World
The focus of the 2017 LLLAwards edition is education in the digital era tackling different aspects on how this technological development is affecting and transforming educational practices.
The LLLPlatform will reward three outstanding initiatives or projects under the following three categories:
- Education and Democracy: This category will reward initiatives that enhance critical thinking using digital tools, that raises awareness of civic rights within the internet, and promote active participation in democracy in the digital era.
- Education and Social Inclusion: This category will reward initiatives that tackle the issue of access to and inclusion to digital learning. This award will demonstrate the need to push forward the digital agenda in a way that allows all learners to benefit from a digital education, namely learners from a disadvantaged background but also adults having left school.
- Education and Innovative Pedagogy: This category will reward initiatives using digital tools in learning/teaching in an innovative manner, or participating in transforming teaching and learning methods through technology.
Who can apply? Eligibility Criteria
- The initiatives takes place in the field of Education and Training;
- The initiative applies methods from formal, non-formal and/or informal education or takes place in a formal, non-formal and/or informal educational environment;
- The initiative should target any age group and may target several age groups;
- The initiative may target all areas of life and combine them;
- The initiative is based on a cross-sectoral cooperation (involving civil society organisation, schools, trade unions, companies, universities
How to apply? Guidelines
- Applicants shall read the Applicants’ Guidelines;
- Applicants shall fill in the Application Form available to download online;
- Applicants shall complete the Application Form in English;
- Deadline to submit is 1 July 2017, midnight CET by uploading the Application Form on this page;
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email. This confirmation guarantees their participation in the competition;
- Applicants will be contacted by the LLLPlatform Secretariat if the latter requires extra information.
- The LLLAwards2017 open on 15 February 2017;
- Deadline to submit is 31 July 2017, midnight CET by uploading the Application Form on this page;
- Short-listed nominees will be contacted in September 2017;
- The Awards Ceremony will take place during the LLLWeek in November 2017.
The LLLAwards aim to celebrate outstanding initiatives in favour of pushing LLL policy forward, building inclusive societies and making lifelong learning a reality for all. The Awards celebrate educational practices from all over Europe that can demonstrate the use of creative and inclusive learning methods with outstanding results and the potential to be replicated and/or of inspiring others. The Award is not limited to a particular sector, since the Platform believes lifelong learning covers education and training across all ages and in all areas of life be it formal, non-formal or informal and shall enable citizens’ emancipation as a framework for personal development and well-being and citizens’ full participation in society in its civic, social and economic dimensions.