This time I’m voting – LLLP and the European elections
The European Parliament elections in 2019 will take place all over Europe during 23 – 26 May 2019. Do you plan to go and vote? Tell us here: http://ttimv.eu/LLLP
The Lifelong Learning Platform is partners with the European Parliament in their ‘This time I’m voting’ campaign, whose aim is to bring Europeans to vote and democratically choose their next representatives at the European Parliament.
At LLLP, we strongly believe that active citizenship can be fostered in healthy education systems, and that indeed a ‘learning democracy’ is the ideal hub to exercise the right to vote. Because of this, the LLLP has set its annual theme on ‘Learning democracy, values, and participation‘, to address the potential of the year of the elections and discuss the role of education in making self-conscious citizens. Interested to know more? here is what the LLLPlatform is planning for 2019:
- LLLAwards 2019: to recognise and reward excellent initiative in the topic of choice. The LLLAwards 2019 will run from 25 February to 31 August. Apply here.
- On behalf of the EESC, LLLP is taking forward a study to understand where EU youth stands cis-à-vis of the EU. Learn more here.
- Peer-Learning Activity on “Promoting common values and inclusive education through cooperation between education institutions and civil society”, in Croatia on 5-7 April.
- Yo!Fest 2019. In the framework of the Yo!Fest, LLLP and EEE-YFU will have a debate on education, democracy, and young people on 30 April. Stay tuned!
- Election night: for the night of May 26th, LLLP and other NGOs will gather in front of the European Parliament to celebrate EU democracy. Learn more.
- The Civil Society Days will see a strong focus on EU values and democracy. LLLP will chair one of the events organised under the EESC umbrella. Read more.
- LLLP Annual Conference on “Learning democracy, values, and participation’, in Brussels on 19-20 June. Read more.
- LLLWeek 2019, on the topic, will assess our takeaways from this intense year!
This is what LLLP is doing for Europe. But what is Europe doing for its citizens? Find out here!