EUCIS-LLL is organising its 4th Lifelong Learning Week in the European Parliament in Brussels from 2 to 11 December 2014. The aim of the Lifelong Learning Week is to raise awareness of lifelong learning with a specific important topic and to bring visibility and create synergy between the work achieved by EUCIS-LLL and its members in 2014. This year the Week will focus on the three pillars of our European Manifesto “Building together the future of learning”: ensuring accessible and quality learning for all, investing in the social dimension of lifelong learning and bringing the EU closer to its citizens. We want to send strong messages on lifelong learning to policy-makers and, more particularly, Members of European Parliament. Our Civil Society Meeting Place will contribute to sharing practices and building stronger links between civil society and MEPs, since it provides an opportunity to have a dialogue between newly elected MEPs and civil society organisations in education, training and youth on the future of learning in Europe (see EUCIS-LLL manifesto).
There will be stands from EUCIS-LLL members from 8 to 12 December in the European Parliament. Various activities will be organised by the members during the whole week and you will get to know more about them and their areas of expertise.
/// 2-5 December
/// Tuesday 2 December
/// Tuesday 9 December
- 15:00-18:00 EUCIS-LLL round table on ‘Efficient and equitable funding of education: A target beyond reach?‘, hosted by Jill Evans (Greens/EFA, UK).
- 19:00-21:00 Lifelong Learning reception, hosted by Julie Ward (S&D, UK).
/// Wednesday 10 December
- 09:30-12:30 EUCIS-LLL Seminar – Launch of Flagship Initiative on ‘Inclusive Education. Fighting Inequalities in Education and Training‘, hosted by Julie Ward (S&D, UK).
/// Thursday 11 December
- 9:30-12:45 EUCIS-LLL Policy Debate ‘Validation of non-formal and informal learning: All aboard! How to reach the targeted public?‘, hosted by Sirpa Pietikäinen (EPP, FI).
- 18:00-21:00 ‘We are all lifelong learners!‘ closing reception at Mundo J, hosted by EUCIS-LLL and EAEA.